Our Manufacturing Services
Whereas Technical Products, Inc. (TPI) is an engineering and product development company, TP Manufacturing (TPM) is the manufacturing and technology transfer segment of the company. As a whole we are a successful organization because of our devotion to a primary objective - to help make our clients globally competitive. TPI/TPM accomplishes this by providing its clients access to cutting-edge technology, exceptional experience in design and manufacturing techniques, manufacturing resources and performing as a transparent extension of their company.
Some of the products that have been developed by TPI and commercialized through TPM include Remotely Operated Weapons and Surveillance Platforms, Medical Bladder development, advanced Ground Anchors for military tents and shelters, various Self-Contained Emergency Breathing Apparatus, various Personnel and Animal Cooling Systems like the Kool Suit and K9 TE Kennel and high volume production (350,000 pcs/yr) of MIL-SPEC Smoke Grenade Canisters.
Internally we can handle your rapid prototyping and low volume production needs in our 10,500- ft2 office, laboratory and light manufacturing space. This space houses the engineering and administrative staff and also includes a light manufacturing and assembly area for electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical systems. We maintain a full machine shop, welding shop, sheet metal shop, electronics shop, assembly & test area and have immediate access to FDM/SLA rapid prototyping and CNC machining through our engineering partners.
If your needs extend beyond our current plant and labor capabilities, no problem. TPI/TPM has a multitude of engineering and manufacturing contractors at its disposal for large scale project, program, and production support. Our relationship with these external resources coupled with our in-house manufacturing and business expertise constitute the real value offered by TPI and TPM. We have the ability to address the total spectrum of your technical, operations and management needs with an integrated, comprehensive methodology.
If you're thinking about moving all or part of your manufacturing operations offshore, or if you're simply dissatisfied with your current offshore supplier, we can help. Several of our R&D projects that have successfully transitioned to commercial products are made by Chinese manufacturers that we manage directly. We routinely travel to China and we understand their culture. We possess an intimate understanding of the idiosyncrasies associated with manufacturing in China and over the course of several years we've weeded out the poor performers and partnered only with those suppliers who have proven time and again their attention to detail, quality and schedule. We value highly the relationships we've nurtured with our offshore suppliers and have every confidence we can exploit their services to make you as successful as we have become.
We have developed a sound Quality Management System (QMS) that governs the business, management and personnel practices within TPI and TPM. The objective of our Quality Policy is to design, produce, and deliver products and services that meet or exceed individual customer requirements. In all of its functional activities, TPI and TPM will pursue goals aimed at the achievement of quality excellence.
Our QMS emphasizes the importance of:
- Understanding and meeting requirements, through company meetings, department meetings, quality policy and objectives
- The need to consider processes in terms of added value, through process reviews, input-output reviews, and quality plans
- Obtaining results of process performance and effectiveness through monitoring of ontime delivery, customer acceptance of the product and monitoring production costs
- Continual improvement of processes based on objective measurement, data analysis and actions relating to engineering and manufacturing processes
TPI/TPM plans and carries out production and service operations by product, customer requirements, agency standards and manufacturing partner (if required) by controlling conditions as follows:
- Workmanship standards
- Process criteria
- Process documentation
- Product hold and stop ship
- Agency compliance
- Lot tracking
- Preventive maintenance
- Production documentation
- New product release to manufacturing
- Deviation wavers
- Receiving, inventory, shipping and handling
Beyond the Hype
Nearly every business proclaims it maintains an industry leadership position. We can claim that all we want, but the phrase is so overused it will likely mean little to you. What we can do is point out the products we've successfully transitioned to market. Our achievements speak directly to core principles we draw on to establish and maintain strong relationships with our customers and by which we continually set new standards of excellence in supplier value. Those core principles include:
- Responsiveness - maintaining the ability to absorb the inevitable ebb and flow of product demand without compromising quality standards or impacting schedule to the most reasonable extent possible. Handle new product introductions with poise and consideration of the balance between due diligence, process control and time-to-market.
- Adaptability - Having the ability and flexibility to respond to the changing needs of our clients.
- Continuous Improvement - Add value early on by assisting in the design-for-manufacture process, improving the process as production evolves and improving supply chain efficiencies over time. Identify and extend cost savings to customers throughout the life of the program.
If you have any questions or if you'd like to find out how we can assist you with your engineering or manufacturing needs, please contact us.